Wheeler Dealer Soft Toss Machine
- Free Shipping! (Delivers in 7 - 14 business days)
- Warranty:5 Year Warranty
- Weight:33 lbs
- Electronic Height Control -1 to 6 Ft
- Electronic Frequency Control-1 to 6 seconds
- 24 V "Cell Power" Battery
- 20 Baseballs or 16 Softballs also Tennis, Whiffle, and Dimple Balls
- Zero Time Setup
- 1 Sq. Ft. Storage Footprint
- Rugged Construction-Steel and High Impact ABS
- 12 Hour Duty Cycle Before Recharging
- 24 V, 400 mA Battery Charger Included
Athlonics Wheeler Dealer Soft Toss Machine
The Wheeler Dealer is easy to use and adjust, with two dials on the patented electronic control box. The top dial controls the rate of the toss (from one to six seconds), while the bottom dial controls the height of the toss (from one to six feet). The Wheeler Dealer is the only soft toss machine that can electronically perform these vital tasks. Other machines force the hitter to wait 5 seconds to swing at a ball at a fixed height.
No other soft toss machine can match the Wheeler Dealer's 5-year guarantee or ball capacity (20 baseballs, 16 softballs), which both are nearly double the competition. And the Wheeler Dealer comes as a cordless rechargeable model with a 12-hour battery life (opposed to 8 hours for the Jugs or Wilson).
The Wheeler Dealer is Totally Portable - Easily Stored and Fits in The Trunk of ANY car! No Other Toss Machine Holds More Than the Wheeler Dealer: 20 Base-balls and 16 Softballs! The Wheeler Dealer is Your Solution for Station or Solo Training! Perfect for Drag-Bunt or Snap-back Drills, Incremental Speed-up Drills and the Quickest Hand Drills Possible!
Works with Baseballs, Softballs, Tennis balls, Dimple Balls, Nerf Balls, Whiffle Balls! A Great Defensive Tool as Well!
Try these drills with your Wheeler Dealer Soft Toss Machine For Baseball And Softball:
- Speed Up Drill: The SPEED-UP DRILL is a fantastic power building muscle memory drill. One complete cycle of balls (20 baseballs, 16 softballs) is hit at a slow, comfortable interval. When the cycle completed the machine is loaded again and the control is set to a faster interval. In all, four cycles are recommended, decreasing the time interval between each. At the end of the last cycle the hitter should be drained.
- Quick Wrist Drill: The QUICK WRIST DRILL is an excellent drill for developing bat speed. Holding a short one handed bat, the batter can either hit from a standing or kneeling position with one leg forward. This isolates the lower body causing the wrists to work harder. With the Wheeler Dealer the frequency control is set as rapid a speed as the batter can handle. When one arm tires, the bat is quickly switched to the other hand.
- Placement Drill: By coordinating the height setting to the distance of the Wheeler Dealer in relation to the hitter, allows the hitter to place to ball in the exact spot that he or she wants to work.
- Slap Drill: THE SLAP HITTING DRILL is for softball only. By setting the Wheeler Dealer control at a set frequency, the hitter is able to rhythmically work on timing her approach to the ball. Timing the ball’s arrival with a smooth, clean approach then allows for a quick break to first. This is the secret of great slap hitting.
- Switch Hitting Drill: Learning to hit from both sides of the plate is something that is often overruled by the young player for fear of appearing awkward. This problem is easily eliminated by the Wheeler Dealer. Now the hitter can practice swinging from the other side of the plate, alone, in total comfort. Being able to switch hit is a definite plus for any young hitter seeking higher gains in baseball or softball.
- Catcher's Bunt Drill: The purpose of this drill is to both develop a quicker response to the bunt and the quick leg muscles to pounce on it. A catch net is stationed at first base and a loaded Wheeler Dealer is placed in such a manner as to duplicate the direction and distance of the bunt desired. The catcher's crouch is assumed in the catchers' box. When the Wheeler Dealer launches the ball, the catcher charges it, turns and throws into the catch net at first base. He or she then hurries back into the catchers' box, awaiting the next launch. This is repeated until the machine is empty. Initially, the toss is set at its slowest rate, but as the student becomes more conditioned, the time rate is decreased.
- Double Play Drill: This drill's purpose is to decrease the time of turning the double play by both getting the ball out of the glove quicker and perfecting the timing between the two players. The Wheeler Dealer is set in front of either the shortstop or second baseman and a catch net set at first base. (The drill can also be performed by one player alone, fielding then tossing the ball to an imaginary second player). As in some of the above drills, the toss interval is decreased in proportion to the degree of proficiency obtained.